On a scale of 1 – 10, how much do you figure you trust yourself?
(1= not at all, 10=completely)
I’ll be honest, I used to be on the very bottom of that scale. Sometimes even on the negative side!
And it’s because I used thing trust was a feeling. Sometimes I would have it and sometimes I wouldn’t. I spent (dare I say wasted?) a lot of time chasing the feeling because it felt good to feel that I could rely on myself. It was delicious, empowering, and freeing.
And then it would disappear and I didn’t know why.
Does that sound familiar?
You are on a roll, you’re making choices, it feels good, and then the wind goes out of your sails and you begin to question everything, especially yourself. The empowered feeling is gone and your attention goes from taking aligned action with your choice to analyzing and figuring out why it’s gone.
The thing is, self trust is not just a feeling. It’s a state of being.
When you embody self trust as a way of life, it’s a different experience.
Embodying self trust means no matter what is going on around you and no matter what you’re feeling, your trust in yourself doesn’t waver.
How do you know if you’re trusting yourself?
When you trust yourself you know that you can count on yourself to:
- Make the right decision no matter what you’re feeling.
- Take the best action moving forward.
- Never second guess yourself no matter what the circumstances are around you.
- Know how to return yourself to a place of inner power and strength.
- Not require a certain feeling to validate your choices because you know you made the best choice for you.
I’m sure you have experienced all these before because we do tend to trust ourselves at least in some areas of our life.
How do you know if you don’t trust yourself?
- You question your own decisions and choices.
- If you’re having a shitty day you allow your emotions to run your mindset.
- You constantly think you’re doing it all wrong.
- You expect the worst – you prefer not to make choices and hope the Universe will steer you in the right direction.
What’s your go-to way of not trusting yourself?
I was especially good at constantly questioning myself and thinking I was doing everything wrong.
The thing is since self trust isn’t a feeling but rather a state of being we can cultivate it.
Wanna know how we embody self trust and live from that place of inner power where we count on ourselves?
The quickest way is by building the self trust muscle. Try some of these tips:
- Look for evidence of when you’ve made good choices in the past and really celebrate yourself for them.
- Don’t look too far into the future and worry that things won’t work out. Stay present in this moment and notice what’s already enough about it.
- Check your expectations: do you expect things to work out or not? If not, dig deeper: why not?
- Stop judging yourself, making yourself wrong and allow yourself to make mistakes.
- And of course, ask for help when you need it. AND be willing to receive it. You don’t have to do it all on your own!
Trusting yourself also means you know when you need someone else’s support.
Building this muscle, like any other, takes time and consistency.
You got this. xo
Kasia Rachfall is an intuitive coach, healer, and artist working with the Akashic Records to help spiritual women break generational patterns of feeling inherently broken so they can feel whole and have the freedom to accept their imperfect selves fully, at any age!
Grab Kasia's free audio course Feel Safe Feeling here to learn how to decode and release the difficult emotions that steal your joy, peace and happiness. It's a shitty day emergency kit for your emotional triggers.